You need to know
before begin everything.

For Canadian trucking companies, the process can vary from province to province if you intend to operate solely within Canada. However, if you plan to operate in the US, you must apply for Operating Authority through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), obtaining a Motor Carrier (MC) number and DOT Number. Additionally, you may require additional permits depending on the type of cargo being transported. Truckadium offers services to assist you in understanding and applying for the necessary authorities and permits. Our consultants handle the paperwork, ensuring a hassle-free process for you.

CVOR (Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration) is needed by operators of trucks with a gross weight or registered gross weight over 4,500 kg that may have been plated in Ontario, US or Mexico. CVOR certificate is not needed by vehicles plated in other Canadian provinces or territories.

NSC (National Safety Code) is required by trucks or commercial vehicles licensed with a gross vehicle weight of more than 5,000 kg. The NSC standards supported by provincial regulations establish minimum safety standards for drivers and maintenance of trucks.

A US MC DOT Number is required by operators dealing in interstate commerce with vehicles that are over 10,000 lbs. It may also be required for carriers hauling hazardous materials.